Oral health maintenance
Oral health is not just about teeth, it has a strong impact on rest of the body’s wellbeing as well. Your oral health can be raising flags about conditions affecting other body systems, making your regular dental check-ups more important.
Links of poor oral health to other diseases:
According to research and studies, poor oral health is linked to:
- Cardio-vascular diseases
- Chronic Kidney Disease
On top of these, regular dental check-ups can help in early detection of oral cancers.
Steps to maintain good oral health:
- Brushing regularly, twice daily and clean in between teeth with floss.
- Drinking fluoridated tap water.
- Wearing mouth guards while playing contact sports.
- Minimising sugar intake, especially sticky sugar diet. If you have something with high sugar or acid rinse your mouth with water afterwards.
- Visiting dentist twice a year for dental check-up
For more information or to book in for your dental check-up, call us at 02-8711 8815 or E-mail us at : Info@dentistsanddentures.com.au